Issue 18 of 2023
15th September 2023
DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday 18 September: Woden Seniors Inc. Annual General Meeting
Thursday 21 September – COTA Seniors Expo
Monday 2nd October – Labour Day Public Holiday – Club closed
Wednesday 4 October – Tulip Top Gardens excursion
Thursday 5 October – COTA Presentation – Aged Care Visitor Volunteer Scheme – see below
Friday 5, Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 April 2024 – our 2024 Book Fair
WODEN SENIORS AGM – yet another Reminder!
2023 Annual General Meeting
Date: Monday 18 September 2023
Time: 12.00 pm
Members are cordially invited to attend the AGM. Our constitution specifies a minimum number of people required to be at the meeting (the quorum) for it to be viable so your attendance will be much appreciated. A reminder that financial members only are eligible to vote at the AGM. Light refreshments will be served following the meeting.
COTA ACT will provide three information sessions/presentations for us during October.
The first of these will be held on Thursday 5th October from 10.00am to 12 noon in Hall 1. The topic for this session is COTA’s Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme – please see the flyer below. Members who are interested are most welcome to attend, and you are also invited to bring along a friend, neighbour or family member who may also be interested in hearing about this program. Light refreshments will be provided.
Two further sessions which should be of interest to many of us will follow:
Thursday 19 October 10am to 12pm
Tuesday 31 October 10am to 12pm
More information on these closer to the time.
THE WICKED EXCURSION
A small party of members took part in the Potters Travel excursion to Sydney’s Lyric Theatre to see the musical “Wicked”. A fabulous afternoon’s entertainment was well worth the early start!
AND COMING UP – TULIP TOP EXCURSION
It’s not too late to indicate your interest in taking part in this excursion, advertised in the News on 1st September. No money is requested yet; just let Polly know if you would like to join in.
Woden Seniors Inc.
PO Box 345, Woden ACT 2606
Tel: (02) 6282 2573
Some final random thoughts…..
* Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
* If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
* It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won’t have a leg to stand on.
* Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
* Since it’s the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
* The second mouse gets the cheese.
* When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
* Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
* Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
* A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.