Fortnightly News 5/11/2021
Annual General Meeting 2021
Date: Monday 15th November 2021
Time: 11.00 am
Place: Hall 1
Nominations for the Executive Committee must be on the prescribed form, giving the consent of the candidate and signed by two members of the Club. These nominations must be given to the Secretary by Monday 8th November. Forms are available at the office.
BIG Book Fair – Save the date
The Book Fair is scheduled for early next year. It will be over three days from Friday 25 to Sunday 27 March 2022. Add these dates to your diary and think about how you can assist. This is the major fund-raiser for the Club and we have been unable to hold it for two years now.
The container and store-room are jam-packed with boxes of high quality books just waiting for enthusiastic customers.
Get IT is back!
The Council on the Ageing, ACT (COTA ACT) is again offering its popular one on one ‘Get IT’ digital support sessions after the lockdown.
You can learn with one of the digital mentors by contacting the COTA ACT office on 02 6282 3777. Appointments are limited and booking fast.
Some of the things COTA ACT has helped people with over the past months include:
– Setting up email addresses
– Downloading and using the Check In CBR app
– Checking for COVID-19 exposure locations
– Downloading and using Zoom
– Accessing MyGov
– Downloading your digital COVID-19 certificate
– Beginning phone use such as turning the phone on and off, adding and editing contacts, making phone
calls and sending text messages
COTA ACT is based at the Hughes Community Centre.
Covid 19 Restrictions
- Check in everywhere you go with the Check In CBR app;
- Maintain good hand hygiene;
- Face-masks are mandatory in the ACT and wear it properly (indoors and outdoors);
- Physical distance from each other at least 1.5 metre or one person per four metres when indoors; and
- You don’t need to wear face-mask when undertaking vigorous exercise.
Please Do Not Enter the Club if:
- You are feeling unwell and developing cold or flu like symptoms (including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath); or
- You have been in close contact with someone with these symptoms or is a confirmed COVID-19 case; or
- You or someone you have been in close contact with has recently returned from interstate or overseas.
Download the App
5 step process to download and use the app:
(Internet connection and compatible phone or tablet device required)
- Download the Check In CBR App from Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Register your details (required for the first time only).
- At participating venues, open the app, select ‘Check In Now’ and hover your smartphone over the displayed QR code.
- Add in any additional people – those who are with you without their own device or app.
- When the check-in is complete, show venue staff the app successful check in screen.