Fortnightly News 22/10/2021
Welcome back, we are reopening the Club on Monday 25 October 2021 and all activities are on again.
Annual General Meeting 2021
Date: Monday 15th November 2021
Time: 11.00 am
Place: Hall 1
Members wishing to bring business before the meeting must submit it in writing, in the form of a motion, to the Secretary by Monday 1st November. (it can be left with Polly.)
Nominations for the Executive Committee must be on the prescribed form, giving the consent of the candidate and signed by two members of the Club. These nominations must be given to the Secretary by Monday 8th November. Forms are available at the office.
Vale – Margaret Bourke
Margaret Bourke died on 7 August 2021. Margaret was well known in the Bridge world having captained the ladies team in international competition. Margaret also started us on the path to the Book Fair. Margaret and I would take books to various fairs to sell before starting our own Book Fair in 2014.
Covid 19 Restrictions
- Check in everywhere you go with the Check In CBR app;
- Maintain good hand hygiene;
- Face-masks are mandatory in the ACT and wear it properly (indoors and outdoors);
- Physical distance from each other at least 1.5 metre or one person per four metres when indoors; and
- You don’t need to wear face-mask when undertaking vigorous exercise.
Please Do Not Enter the Club if:
- You are feeling unwell and developing cold or flu like symptoms (including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath); or
- You have been in close contact with someone with these symptoms or is a confirmed COVID-19 case; or
- You or someone you have been in close contact with has recently returned from interstate or overseas.
Download the App
5 step process to download and use the app:
(Internet connection and compatible phone or tablet device required)
- Download the Check In CBR App from Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Register your details (required for the first time only).
- At participating venues, open the app, select ‘Check In Now’ and hover your smartphone over the displayed QR code.
- Add in any additional people – those who are with you without their own device or app.
- When the check-in is complete, show venue staff the app successful check in screen.