Fortnightly News 31/7/2020
Club Activity Vouchers – Cashless Payments
Woden Seniors is trying to reduce the handling of cash during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have introduced a voucher system for you to pay your activity fee with effect from 1 August 2020. Vouchers are available in denominations of $3; $5 and $6.50 from the front counter. You can purchase these with an EFTPOS transaction.
Cashless is quicker, easier and safer but for some people cash may be their only option and that’s ok.
All Memberships Extended by Three Months
The Management Committee has agreed to extend everyone’s membership by three months.
2020 Book Fair
The Book Fair has been postponed to a date to be decided as a result of the restrictions relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. As it now appears the restrictions will not be relaxed sufficiently for some time, it is most unlikely that we will be able to hold a Book Fair this year. We are however still welcoming donations of books, DVDs, games, vinyl records etc in the hope that one day we will be able to have a Book Fair.
These activities have already started,
Choir Practice (Monday 10.00 – 12.00 pm)
Line Dancing (Monday 10.00 – 12.00 pm)
Seated Exercise (Monday 12.00 – 1.30 pm)
Beading Group (Monday 1.30 – 2.30 pm)
YMCA Gentle Exercise (Tuesday 9.30 – 10.30 am)
YMCA Ever Active (Wednesday 8.30 – 9.30 am)
Water Colour Painting (Wednesday 9.30 – 11.30 am)
Table Tennis (Wednesday & Friday 9.30 – 12.30 pm)
Play Reading Group (Thursday 10.00 – 12.00 pm)
Stitchers (Thursday 10.00 – 12.00 pm)
Craft Group (Thursday 10.00 – 12.00 pm)
Tai Chi & Gentle Exercise (Thursday 2.00 -3.15 pm)
Painting and Drawing (Friday 1.30 – 3.30 pm)
These are activities where we can easily maintain a 1.5metre distance from each other. It is also essential that we maintain good hand hygiene and cough or sneeze into our elbows. There should be no communal refreshment breaks and members should bring their own drink bottles and snacks.
Each group leader will have to ensure that any commonly used areas such as tables and chairs are cleaned with the disinfectant wipes provided before and after the activity. Group leaders will be provided with a checklist of what must be done.
All groups must include each person’s full name and telephone number in the activity book to enable contact tracing in the event that there is a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. Please bring the correct money for each activity to minimise handling of cash.
The Management Committee will continuously review activities and wellbeing over the coming months to ensure that we reduce the risk of infection by COVID-19.
Please Do Not Enter the Club if:
- You are feeling unwell and developing cold or flu like symptoms (including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath); or
- You have been in close contact with someone with these symptoms or is a confirmed COVID-19 case; or
- You or someone you have been in close contact with has recently returned from interstate or overseas.
We have entered into a contract with Wilson Parking to manage our car park. The annual parking fee for members will remain the same. Wilson Parking uses number plate recognition to identify cars that should not be in our car park. They will issue a fine to vehicles that should not be in the car park. They will tow vehicles away that are repeat offenders. It is essential that we have the current registration number of the car you will be bringing to the Club car park on our system. You can check by looking at your blue parking ticket.
If a Club member does receive a parking fine whilst participating in a Club activity please bring it to the office and we will have it waived.
As you may be aware local workers have used the car park while the Club has been closed.
Membership and Parking Permit Renewals
As previously advised, to compensate for the closure of the Club due to the Covid-19 restrictions earlier this year, Club memberships and parking permits have been extended by 3 months. Expiry dates on parking permits do not need to be changed. All permits issued prior to 1 July 2020 will be regarded as being valid for 3 months longer than printed on the permit. Please remember to display your parking permit when using the carpark.
Prior to your new membership expiry date you will receive by mail or email a membership renewal reminder letter and renewal application form. Or you can also obtain a renewal form from the office at any time. Membership number, expiry date and instructions for renewal are included on the renewal form.
After completing the renewal form you:
- may bring it to the office and pay by EFTPOS or cheque or cash (exact amount preferred); or
- if you have the facilities, scan or photograph it and return it as an email attachment and pay by direct bank deposit. Your membership number and the Club’s bank account details are printed on the renewal form and reminder letter. Please ensure that you include your membership number in the payee “Description” section of the bank’s online form. This is essential to enable us to correctly identify the membership to which the payment applies. If you require a parking permit (and/or receipt) you may collect it from the office next time you are in the Club; or
- mail it to the office (address is on the form) and pay by cheque. Please write your membership number and name on the reverse side of the cheque. If you require a parking permit (and/or receipt) you may collect it from the office next time you are in the Club.
Membership and parking permit fees are: $10 for membership for 1 year; $30 for membership and a parking permit for 1 year; $30 for membership for 3 years; and $90 for membership and a parking permit for 3 years. Preferred methods of payment to minimise the handling of cash in these times are EFTPOS, direct bank deposit, cheque and exact amount in cash.