Fortnightly News 3/12/2021
Club Closing Times for the Festive Season
A reminder that the Club will close at 4pm on Friday 17 December 2021 and re-open on Monday 10 January 2022. Activity groups can continue to use the Club through this period by arrangement with the front office.
As reported in an earlier newsletter, the Club will not host a Christmas lunch this year – but the Christmas tree which has popped up in the foyer (thanks to elves Cindy and Lutana) will certainly remind us of the season.
Woden Seniors Club New Vogue Dancing on Tuesdays
Thankyou Santo – our Music Man
Santo has hosted the the New Vogue Dancing on Tuesdays for longer than most can remember…and he has decided to hand over the reins to a “younger couple” – Adrian and Roni. He will still keep his hands on the reins on occasion to play his music when Adrian and Roni are away. The dancers at the Club would like to sincerely thank Santo for his dedication to the dancing scene, for his sponsorship and management of this dancing activity at the Club, and for his enduring contribution to the Club’s success.
From the Tuesday New Vogue Dancers.
Hosted by Roni and Adrian
Please note that attendees MUST have their own partner.
11am-12.30pm Walkthroughs (session cost $6.00 each)
1.00am-3.30pm Social (dances announced and music played) (session cost $6.00 each)
- Old Time (eg Pride of Erin)
- Competition New Vogue Dances
- Dances danced at other New Vogue venues in the ACT
- Some personal favourites
Dress up days (style will be announced in advance eg colonial):
- Winter Christmas (mid July)
- Melbourne Cup Day
- Christmas ‘break-up’ Party
Food Garden – Woden Seniors
A small group of Club members led by Sue, Graham, and Ron volunteer to undertake gardening tasks around the Club.
The current spring rains have ensured the vegepods at the front of the building are lush with vegies and flowers ready for picking. These beds were installed in 2019 using funds obtained through a successful grant application, to be planted with pick and come again greens, and has been a great success.
We have planted lots of greens, herbs, edible flowers and plants such as strawberries and tiny tomatoes so you can pick and pick again. Polly has scissors and bags for you to use if the plants need cutting rather than picking, so please help yourself as often as you like. In most cases the more they are picked the better they grow. We can tell when plants need replacing and we are guided by what you choose the most, as to what to plant in season.
If there are plants that are suitable and you would like, but we have not planted, please do let us know and we will do our best to source and plant them for you.
BIG Book Fair – Save the date
And another reminder… the Club’s Book Fair is scheduled for early next year. It will be over three days from Friday 25 to Sunday 27 March 2022. Add these dates to your diary and think about how you can assist. This is the major fund-raiser for the Club and we have been unable to hold it for two years now.
The container and store-room are jam-packed with boxes of high quality books just waiting for enthusiastic customers.
Please Do Not Enter the Club if:
- You are feeling unwell and developing cold or flu like symptoms (including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath); or
- You have been in close contact with someone with these symptoms or is a confirmed COVID-19 case; or
- You or someone you have been in close contact with has recently returned from interstate or overseas.
Woden Seniors Inc.
PO Box 345, Woden ACT 2606
Tel: (02) 6282 2573
COMMUNITY NOTICES AND INFORMATION
Covid 19 Restrictions
- Check in everywhere you go with the Check In CBR app;
- Maintain good hand hygiene;
- Face-masks are mandatory in the ACT high risk facilities, including a hospital, on public transport, residential aged care facility;
- Physical distance from each other at least 1.5 metre or one person per two metres when indoors; and
- You don’t need to wear face-mask when outside, undertaking vigorous exercise, during eating or drinking