What we offer
Woden Seniors provides a range of intellectually and physically stimulating activities for the older person in a comfortable and sociable environment, whether it be for participating in a wide range of activities or just having a chat over coffee.
Our activities are designed to suit a wide variety of interests and abilities. They include table tennis, dancing, singing, recorder, painting and card games of various kinds to bridge. Full details are available here.
We are a non-profit entity, we have no religious or political affiliations of any kind, and are open every day apart from a short period over Christmas. The Club is run by a committee of volunteers elected by the members and assisted by a part-time Administrative Officer.
So whatever your interests, the chances are you will find a group devoted to it and meeting during the week in the air-conditioned comfort of our two large halls or smaller activity rooms.
Or you may prefer just to choose a book or magazine from our small but varied library and have a quiet read and a cup of coffee. And if by any chance you are finding it difficult to cope in your own home because of advancing age or failing health, but don’t like the idea of going into a nursing home, we have arrangements with a Community Worker who will be glad to advise you on how to stay independent.
If you are:
• over 50
• looking for something interesting to do
• or just seeking friendly companionship,
why not drop in and see what we have to offer?
Other Benefits of membership are:
· E-mail and internet facilities are available in the Technology Centre for the use of Members.
· The Club provides talks and seminars from time to time on matters that are of interest to Members.
· Full range of kitchen facilities is available in our recently refurbished kitchen.
· The Club has a modest lending library and reading space.
· Car parking for approximately 80 cars and is close to local Action bus stops.